Patient Scheduling and Registration
AltuMed Billing provides customized patient scheduling and registration process
- Personalized schedule templates and appointment types
- Capture patient’s demographic information instantly and accurately
- User-defined schedule views – by appointment type, location or provider.
Insurance Eligibility Verification
At Altumed we verify insurance information of every patient
- Verify patients’ insurance coverage
- Contact patients for additional information
- Update the billing system with eligibility and verification details including member ID, group ID, co-pay information, coverage start and end dates, and so on
Certain medical treatments need to be approved or precertified prior to being performed in order to have them covered by the insurance company. Managing precertification is a tedious and time-consuming task for busy practices. An experienced pre-authorization company, AltuMed offers effective pre-authorization services for the precertification process.
Our pre-authorization services help outpatient facilities, and physician practices to:
- Get insurance authorization for procedures and services that require prior approval
- Save valuable time and minimize the hassles of dealing with payers
- Free up staff to focus on core responsibilities
- Claim maximum reimbursement
AltuMed has put in place an expert team of highly credentialed and experienced coders.
- HCC medical coding
- HCPCS, ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding including ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-AM, ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 medical coding
- Payer specific coding services
- Chart Audits and Code Reviews
Once the insurance verification process is completed and respective codes for diagnosis are assigned, our healthcare billing team moves to the next phase of creating medical claims process that adhere to rules pertaining to specific carriers and locations.
- claims are then put through a series of rigorous auditing sessions
- Quality department validate information, including correctness of procedures and diagnoses codes.
- Claims that are error-free go to the next step.
Claim Creation and Transmission
At AltuMed once the charges are created and their correctness is established then we submit the claim.
- Accuracy of information contained in the claims is validated
- Electronic claim submission
At Altumed, payment posting in medical billing is one of the key processes that get the utmost attention from our Operations management.
- The payments in lieu of claims, which are received from the Payer and Patients
- Handles the exceptions (fallouts) manually to make sure no payment is missed
- EOB and ERA posting and reconcilement – ensuring data from both EOB’s and ERAs match payments.
- Analysis of EOBs for under-payment or over-payment
Altumed is dedicated to minimize lost reimbursements and denials with highly efficient systems and services designed to meet our clients’ needs
- Identifying the root cause of denials – We identify and interpret patterns to quantify the causes of each denials
- Supporting accurate workflow priorities – We collect every piece of information related to denied claims, including status, escalation and correspondence with payers, which will be very helpful in streamlining the recovery process.
- Avoiding out-of-timely filing
- Patient Follow-Up
- Credit Balance Audits- An audit of all the accounts is undertaken to reconcile unidentified and duplicate payments.
- Analyzing the effectiveness of the resolutions
- Identifying business process improvements to avoid future denials
One of the key areas in medical billing that directly impacts the cash flow is accounts receivable management. At AltuMed our account receivable team rigorously tracks all unpaid insurance claims.
- Ensure underpaid claims are processed and paid correctly by the insurance payer.
- We aim at accelerating cash flows and reducing the Accounts Receivable days by submitting error free clean-claims
- proper analysis of denied claims and regular follow-ups with insurance companies
- Old Accounts Receivable Management Clean-up